Summer is coming and consumption of electricity is rising along with the thermometer’s reading. IDT Energy, one of New York’s major suppliers of electricity to consumers and businesses is always on the lookout for money saving and energy saving tips for New Yorkers.
Here are five great and easy ways to save just a bit more electricity when the sun is shining and the heat is on.
1. Why not let your dishes air-dry as an alternative to using the drying function on your dishwasher.
2. Washing dishes and laundry only when the machines are full is cost and energy efficient. It’s a waste to wash less than full loads.
3. Save up your ironing and do it all at once. This saves heating up your iron multiple times, and saves energy.
4. Do you hate the humidity of New York summers? You can keep your household humidity down by doing water-related chores in the early morning or at night, to keep evaporation down to a minimum. Included in these types of chores would be washing clothes and dishes, mopping floors, watering indoor plants, and more.
5. Use a surge protector to power down all your appliances at once. Turning off your computer, printer, copier and other home electronics can save quite a bit of energy every day.