At IDT Energy we want you to know what is new in the world of innovation, energy savings, alternative energy sources and great new ways to save money.
Traditionally homes are built on-site, bringing materials and manpower to the construction site. For several reasons this style of building can be wasteful, not only of time but of resources for the following reasons:
• Bad weather can slow down or even stop on site construction projects, wasting human resources.
• Cutting parts onsite creates wasted wood, drywall, roofing and packaging materials which end up in landfills, wasting natural and man-made resources.
Modular building indoors has the following benefits:
• Controlled climate in a factory means no bad weather days, work continues uninterrupted with no human resource waste.
• Factory homes can be built with higher quality, for example, studs and joints can be cut more accurately and connected with better tools not always available onsite.
• Modular homes are built to withstand transport from factory to construction site, making them even stronger than homes built onsite.
Not only are modular homes gaining in popularity just for these reasons, the efficiency of building modular homes is combining with energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies to create an almost irresistible alternative to the traditional onsite home construction with traditional infrastructure.
IDT Energy is hopeful that a greener, more efficient future of home construction is at our doorstep.